After Hours Care
You wake up in the middle of the night with a painful sore throat…You twist your ankle on Saturday afternoon playing flag football…On your spring break trip to Florida you get a horrible sun burn…
You reach for the phone to call SHS and then you realize it is not during our regular operating hours! WHAT NOW?
Even when we are not open, we offer an after-hours advice service to help you deal with any illnesses or injuries you experience. The service is free to enrolled students and is available any time SHS is closed (holidays, after-hours, during weather closures, anything!). Students can speak with a registered nurse who can discuss symptoms, advise on what to do, and provide health advice.
There are now 2 easy ways to access the nurse advice service:
- Simply call our main line, (252) 328-6841, and if SHS is not open you can remain on the line to be connected to the nurse call center. You can use this service from any phone, any time, as long as you are an enrolled ECU student.
- Fill out this simple online request form. Once the online form is submitted, a nurse will reach out by phone to follow up. (Please note: this form should ONLY be used when SHS is closed)
There are also several urgent care centers in Greenville that may have extended evening/weekend hours; please visit the links below for more information regarding their hours, location, and contact numbers.
- Greenville Express Care PA
- Greenville Health Care Center
- James D. Bernstein Community Health Center
- Physicians East Urgent Care
- Urgent Care Down East
If you just have a question, or want to find out more information about our services, or about a particular health topic (maybe one you have been too busy or too embarrassed to ask about), e-mail us at GotQuestions to get answers.
Need dental care? Check out the ECU School of Dental Medicine’s Patient Care Clinic.