Enrollment Requirements

If completed immunization records are not received by
August 26 for fall / January 16 for spring, a $100 Immunization Administrative Fee will be applied to the student’s cashier account.

New incoming students are required to:

1) Provide a valid record of immunizations as explained below (click here for printable information and a sample immunization form if you need one)


2) Fill out a Report of Medical History health form by logging in to myPIRATEchart with their Pirate ID and passphrase

A physical is exam is not required for enrollment.

Students taking five or more credit hours on campus and/or those residing on campus must meet North Carolina State Law Immunization requirements.

Students living off campus who are only enrolled in distance education courses are not required to submit immunization records.

College/University Vaccine Requirements & Number of Doses

VACCINE REQUIREDTetanus, Diphtheria and/or Pertussis TdapDiphtheria, Tetanus and/or PertussisPolioMeaslesMumpsRubellaHepatitis B (if born on/after July 1, 1994)Varicella (if born on/after April 1, 2001)

If students do not meet immunization requirements, dismissal from school is mandatory under North Carolina law.

If you have not submitted your immunizations or are missing necessary vaccinations, you have a minimal amount of time to complete requirements. Immunizations for enrollment should be obtained prior to coming to ECU at a local physician’s office, health department, medical office or urgent care center.

Recommended Immunizations

The following are strongly recommended for college students, but not required:

Meningococcal Disease (ACWY/B)
Hepatitis A
Pneumococcal Disease
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

The immunizations listed above can be obtained at a local physician’s office, health department, medical office, urgent care center, or they are available by appointment at ECU Student Health Services. Visit our Rapid Care/Allergy Clinic page to learn more.

For information on where to obtain your records, how to fill out the forms or ways to send them to Student Health, visit our Submitting Records page.

Need a form to take to your doctor so he/she can fill out your immunization history? Download and print a blank immunization record.

Ready to fill out your required online Report of Medical History? Visit myPIRATEchart, and login with your ECU PirateID and password. Please disable your pop up blocker or the form may not display or submit properly. We recommend using a desktop or PC to fill out the form rather than a tablet device.

Questions? Visit our FAQ’se-mail the immunization department or call (252) 328-6841, option 2.